Phone: (508) 478-1180
Degrees and Certifications:
Hi my name is Mr. Morley and I am the 6th grade red cluster math teacher.
Grade 6/Red Cluster
Mission Statement: Our school community encourages, supports and challenges all students to reach their academic and social potential.
Responsibilities and Expectations of Students:
- Enter quietly with materials and homework
- Always be kind to each other and teachers
- No one will cause disruption of everyone’s right to learn
- To attend school and classes regularly and on time
- To develop good work and study habits
- To make up work missed during an absence
- To be responsible for one’s own behavior
- To know and obey school rules and regulations
Classroom Discipline Policy:
- If a student is continually disruptive in class the student will be issued an after school detention and their parent/guardian will be notified.
Attendance Policy: If a student is absent during a school day it is the student’s responsibility to find out what schoolwork they missed during the absence. If a student is absent during a day of a test/quiz the student must make alternate plans to make up the assessment at their earliest convenience.
- Grading Components and weights:
- Tests (40% of final average)
- Mid-Unit and Vocabulary Quizzes (20% of final average)
- Class work and participation (20% of final average)
- Homework (20% of final average)
- Homework is given on a nightly basis. Every student starts out with a 100% average and for each homework assignment that isn’t completed on the due date given the student’s homework average drops 4 points. If a student has incomplete homework they will lose 2 points.
- If a student doesn’t have their homework completed on the day it is due they can complete it for the following day to receive half credit (2 points.)
- Test/quiz corrections
- Students are allowed to makeup one test/quiz of their choice each trimester. Student’s new grade will consist of the average of their original grade and their “makeup” grade.
- Grading Policy:
- If a student receives a grade lower than a 70 on any test or quiz they will be required to have it signed by a parent or guardian acknowledging they are aware of the grade.
- If a student receives a grade lower than a 70 and they don’t have it signed by a parent or guardian they will receive an after school detention.
- Students will be given a math journal as part of the Glencoe Math curriculum. These books are the students and theirs to keep at the end of the year. However, if a student loses their math journal they will be responsible to purchase another. Students will also be issued a Student Reference book in the beginning of the year. The students are to take these books home and return them at the end of the school year.
Communication: Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by phone at school (508-478-1180). You may also contact me directly by school email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any concerns throughout the year, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am looking forward to the school year and meeting all of you.
6 Red Math