Memorial School values the individual learner while fostering respect and cooperation within a safe and diverse environment. We encourage a collaborative partnership with staff, students, parents and community to support our students in their personal, academic and social growth.
A Core Value is a central belief deeply understood and shared by every member of the organization. Core values guide the action of everyone in the organization; they focus its energy and are the anchor point for all its plans. It is the goal of Memorial Elementary School to make sure that:All students will demonstrate good Social Skills by:
All students will strive to become Active Learners by:
- Being courteous and respectful of the rights and property of others;
- Being responsible for one’s own actions and behaviors;
- Accepting and valuing differences.
All students will develop Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence by:
- Mastering learning skills and basic subject matter;
- Being challenged to strive for personal and academic excellence;
- Understanding that learning requires commitment and effort;
- Being capable of critical thinking and problem solving;
- Demonstrating an interest in learning.
All students will see themselves as productive Family and Community Members by:
- Exhibiting a healthy self-image;
- Cultivating good friendship skills;
- Learning basic decision-making skills;
- Thinking and acting independently despite peer influences;
- Taking risks.
- Understanding responsibility at home, in school and within the community;
- Acting respectfully and responsibly toward their environment;
- Taking pride in their role as a family member and student;
- Showing compassion and kindness towards others.